Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My non-New Years Resolution

I'm not a huge fan of New Years Resolutions but this seemed fun and maybe a way to motivate me to walk more. And by walking more I would be accomplishing most anything else that could/would have been on my resolution list - other than organizing my life better (which is a perpetual resolution that may actually take sometime)

So I joined 100 miles by April 1st in my case it will be walking not running though. I am hoping that I will get a good bit of it done on vacation - where I will have to remember to put my pedometer on everyday and to record the steps. A good question I was asked but didn't think to put here earlier (thanks CPAKnits)- it is 2,000 steps to a mile if you are using a pedometer.

Now to go and try to remember how to put the button on my sidebar.

3 comments:

purlewe said...

I am thinking about doing the same thing.. only 300 miles by april 1st since I ride my bike everyday. Its a plan..

ravelling said...

I'm going to join you on the 100 mile trek :)

Happy New Year - I wish you many spoons for your trip to Florida. Enjoy your vacation!

CPAKnit said...

Rho- How many steps in a mile? Now, where did I put that pedometer? Good luck meeting your goal, I think I will join you.