Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My finished ribwarmer


So here is my first wearable object - wearable by someone tiny - but not by me. But it served its purpose and I learned short rows and turning corners and sort of learned sewing it together.

I couldn't find any instructions on how to piece the ribwarmer together so I kind of figured it out as I went along. Not totally thrilled with it but it isn't too bad.

Now to figure how to make something bigger and a little different for me. I have some ideas will have to see if it will work. I think that if I make this new project it will actually use up the rest of this green yarn. Buying way too much is a hazard of buying yarn when you have only made 3 things. But the yarn was super cheap and is serving a great purpose as a learning yarn. And years from now when I see any of these GREEN objects I will certainly remember that it was one of my firsts. LOL

Don't you just love my model? A towel covered box - but I didn't have to worry about her moving and the pay is right. And it fills out the vest about as well as some of the high priced famous models would.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great Rho! You're a very adventurous knitter!