Friday, February 10, 2006

Time for an update

Well it has been a long time since I posted here - but I have had a bad bout with bronchitis and then an inner ear thing that meant I bounced off walls and if I moved my head it took a few minutes for the world to stop spinning.

Looks like my Olympic project will be a small bag - when I was able to ball up the yarn I got to wondering if it was enough to do the large bag that I had ordered for. So I went back to the page where I ordered from and no matter which size I put in for the yarn calculation it came up with 5 balls of each color yarn. Now if it were single yarn knitting I would think it would work but doubling up on it I just can't see how it will make it to the large size bag. Of course since I have never done this I could be completely wrong.

So it will still be a challenge as everything that was new to me in the pattern still is - I just don't have as long to do each thing to get used to doing it now.

Well off to help DH split wood - we are under a Blizzard watch and our woodpile is pretty low - want to have plenty in so if power goes out I can knit, read (by daylight or hurricane lanterns) and cook spaghetti and meatballs and/or beef stew on the woodstove. Of course, if the power doesn't go out I will do all of that just not by light of hurricane lanterns - and watching Olympic coverage on TV.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Oooooh....I'd love to be sitting by a fire..knitting by a hurricane lamp (do they make magnified hurrican lamps?...older eyes you know)...and eating beef stew while the snow falls outside.

See, that's the problem with living in Arizona.....it sounds wonderful to us and probably miserable to you.

The grass is always greener and all that...

Jane said...

Hey, Rho, I think we share blizzard watches between your neck of the woods and mine. Otherwise, I just dropped in to say happy retirement from one who's almost there. Oh, and happy knitting, too.

Tangled Jane

DontTreadOnMe said...

That bag is tres cute!!!!
What I don't understanding is felting, LOL What the heck is it?