Monday, February 11, 2008

Wow it's been ages

hasn't it - time just gets away sometimes.

I've had a few bouts with various flu strains going around then MIL was in the hospital and then on hospital hospice so there was lots of running back and forth there. She passed away last Sunday and last week was the wake and funeral - so it has been busy here.

I did take the entire weekend and did nothing at all - I even napped one day for about an hour. Hubster took Saturday to rest up then yesterday met some friends at the range so that was a good mental health day for him.

Now himself is on the phone with a good friend who has been going thru the same thing this past week with his MIL in hospice and she passed away last night - so it looks like we will be going to the same funeral home again.

Once upon a time we got together with family and friends for weddings, births, graduations, etc - now it is at parents funerals.

10 comments:

Brahdelt said...

I know what you've been going through - I'm mentally preparing myself for a similar sad period because Robert's Grandfather and Grandmother have been both getting worse and worse for some time, and as much as you love them, you wish them a happy pass to the other side because you cannot look at their suffering anymore when you really cannot help much...
I must say that January also went very quickly for me, too, maybe it was played faster this year, who knows! *^v^*
Keep warm!

vi said...

i am sorry rho.....

i did that too a while ago....
mom is gone 22 and dad is gone 10 now....

it isn't easy

vi

maniacalmultitasker said...

Gosh, Rho
so sorry to hear about the news
and you're not being well either.
I hope you'll feel better soon.
yes - parents' funerals but I wonder what it feels like for my mum - when you lose a sibling or friend...

Lanea said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Sigh.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Rho, I thought that's what had happened. I'm sorry. She did some long innings and is out of the pain. Glad that your DH got to do something he likes a lot, out in the fresh air and with friends.

Marfa's Mewsings said...

Rho,
My tho'ts are w/ you & your husband.

CPAKnit said...

Rho- sorry for all of your troubles and sorrows. Don't forget to take of yourself.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. That's so hard.

Bullwinkle said...

Rho, I'm just catching up on blogs - so sorry to be tardy - but I also know its not too late pass on a hug. It is posts like this that remind me of what is important in the world. (Thank you for that.) Take care of yourself. (And here's another hug.)

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

It's been a sad time for so many of us over the past few months. We've all lost dear friends and/or relatives. It's all part of the pattern I know, but that doesn't make it easier. Take time to ease back into life, Rho, giving thanks for the time you had with them. That's what I try to do.